Giorgio Armani Cardiff Beauty Bloggers Event

Giorgio Armani BeautyI was very excited to attend my first bloggers events this week! I was lucky enough to be invited along to the Giorgio Armani boutique at Cardiff Debenhams, where they were also holding their very first bloggers event. To me, Giorgio Armani embodies luxury and high quality and having long lusted after but never tried any of their products, I couldn’t wait to learn more about the brand.

Giorgio Armani lips Giorgio Armani Mascara Giorgio Armani Eye Pencil Giorgio Armani EyeThe evening began watching one of the talented team create a beautiful makeup look using some of their iconic products. Each stage of the make-up application was explained to the bloggers and products were passed around so we could all see them more closely. Before long, every blogger had a rainbow of swatches on their hand!

Giorgio Armani Beauty

Giorgio Armani BeautyThe completed look was stunning and classic and a pop of colour on the lips really finished off the dramatic look, perfect for a flawless night-time face.

Giorgio Armani Fluid SheerGiorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Mascara

Giorgio Armani LipstickGiorgio Armani LipsAfter we watched the creation of a gorgeous Giorgio Armani face, we all took the opportunity to have a long browse around the counters to see all of the make-up delights on display. The Giorgio Armani packaging designs are personally overseen by the fashion designer himself and you can really see the attention to detail he puts into creating his make-up range. The products look simple but luxurious and the Armani logo adds to their exclusive, high-end feel.

Giorgio Armani BeautyI took advantage of one of the talented members skills and tried out some of the products which caught my eye. I’ve already seen lots of bloggers rave about the Luminous Silk Foundation so that was a must try for me. I’m pleased to say I wasn’t disappointed. The coverage felt very lightweight, but surprisingly covered my blemishes really well and left me with a beautiful, smooth base. At £35.50 it’s one for the wish-list but I can definitely see my purchasing this soon as I loved the glowing but natural finish.

Giorgio Armani BeautyGiorgio Armani Makeup I couldn’t leave without trying out the signature Giorgio Armani red lip for myself and opted for a true red shade in ‘Four Hundred’ (£26.50). The colour was absolutely stunning and the lipstick felt very moisturising. I think the eye-catching shade would also look amazing on all skin-tones. The lipstick packaging is as elegant and unique as you would expect, with a magnetic closure that ensures the lid doesn’t become loose in your handbag. I think that’s another one for my never ending beauty wishlist!

Giorgio Armani Makeup Giorgio Armani MakeupAll of the bloggers left with this gorgeous box* filled with Giorgio Armani samples, including a full size ‘Eyes to Kill’ waterproof mascara, trial sizes of some of the gorgeous red lipstick shades and mini foundations. This was a completely unexpected but lovely touch and I was so excited to receive the mascara, I tried it out the next day!

Giorgio Armani BeautyI had a fantastic evening at the Giorgio Armani Cardiff boutique and the team were so lovely and helpful, which made the night even more enjoyable.

What are your favourite Giorgio Armani products? I’d love some recommendations!

Alice xx

* This post contains gifted items.

21 Comments

1. Sonya Danielle Saturday, 22nd March 2014 / 12:13 pm

Wow how did you hear about this event? Incredible products, I’m obsessed with Luminous Silk. PS: you’re makeover looks beautiful, I say treat yourself to the foundation lady! ;o)

Sonya x

• Alice In A Looking Glass Saturday, 22nd March 2014 / 12:43 pm

I was lucky enough to be sent an email invite but if you follow local make-up stores near you on Twitter they will quite often advertise events for beauty bloggers to come along too :). Aww thank you so much! I think it has to be done doesn’t it ha ha! xx

2. Kerys Marie Saturday, 22nd March 2014 / 1:08 pm

So jel of your goodie box! Woe, this looked like an amazing event.
    The red lipsticks from Armani are incredible, my Mum always buys them & I (try) to pinch them haha 🙂

• Alice In A Looking Glass Saturday, 22nd March 2014 / 2:25 pm

It was a lovely evening and so exciting for me attending my first beauty bloggers event! Ha ha I don’t blame you, I would too! xx

• Alice In A Looking Glass Saturday, 22nd March 2014 / 2:26 pm

Thanks so much! xx

3. Just Jesss Saturday, 22nd March 2014 / 2:04 pm

This sounds like such a lovely event! You look amazing 🙂

Jess xo

• Alice In A Looking Glass Saturday, 22nd March 2014 / 2:27 pm

Aww thank you Jess! It was a great evening! xx

4. Tara Saturday, 22nd March 2014 / 11:41 pm

I’d love to try Luminous Silk foundation, but its a bit outside my budget at the moment. Still … A girl can dream!

• Alice In A Looking Glass Saturday, 22nd March 2014 / 11:45 pm

Yes, it’s definitely not cheap but I just loved it so much on my skin, it may be on my wishlist for a while too though! Just checking out your blog- yay for another Welsh blogger! xx

• Alice In A Looking Glass Thursday, 27th March 2014 / 1:39 am

Thanks so much Sian! It’s a lovely colour isn’t it! xx

• Alice In A Looking Glass Thursday, 27th March 2014 / 1:40 am

Thanks Stephen! I love the colour, it’s so dramatic and perfect for a night out! xx

5. Alethea Thursday, 27th March 2014 / 9:13 am

Hey Alice! This event looks like so much fun!

I’m hoping you haven’t already done it but I’ve nominated you for the Liebster award 🙂 I hope you like my questions, you can find out more on my blog theasthinkings.blogspot.co.uk
    x

6. india robyn Sunday, 30th March 2014 / 4:45 pm

Alice you look so gorgeous 🙂 – Can’t wait to meet you at a future event

India x

• Alice In A Looking Glass Thursday, 3rd April 2014 / 3:30 pm

Aww thanks so much India! Can’t wait to meet you too 🙂 xx

• Alice In A Looking Glass Thursday, 3rd April 2014 / 3:29 pm

Thanks Leanne, I hope so! Aww thanks so much, I love the colour and was lucky enough to get a tester of it in my box so I can have a few more uses of it before I decide whether to purchase! xx

• Alice In A Looking Glass Saturday, 12th April 2014 / 12:01 pm

Thanks so much for such a lovely comment Jade! Thank you! Checking out your blog now 🙂 xx