Beauty Studio by Superdrug

Superdrug Beauty StudioLast Thursday I was lucky enough to be invited along to the VIP preview of Superdrug’s new concept store, Beauty Studio by Superdrug. The store officially opened on Friday 5th July and is the first and only one of its kind, exclusive to Cardiff and based in St. David’s Centre.

Superdrug Beauty StudioSuperdrug Beauty StudioI was really impressed with unique idea behind the store of combining a wide shopping selection with in-store beauty treatments carried out by expert staff. For me, this is an exciting concept and a welcome addition to offer more convenience and variety for beauty obsessives like myself.

Superdrug Beauty Studio Superdrug Beauty Studio Superdrug Beauty Studio Superdrug Beauty StudioThe store design is bright and inviting and the colour themed layout also makes shopping easier and more organised.

Superdrug Beauty StudioSuperdrug Beauty StudioSuperdrug Beauty Studio Superdrug Beauty StudioNot only can you purchase everything from cosmetics to perfume in the Beauty Studio, but there’s a range of treatments on offer including gel manicures, eyebrow threading, eyelashes, a blow dry bar and even hair cuts and colours all in one place. The in-store hair salon is perfect for last minute makeovers as you don’t need to book!

Superdrug Beauty Studio Superdrug Beauty StudioI was pleased to see the exciting features of the new store were not let down by a scaled down make-up selection! The Beauty Studio stocks everything from the usual drugstore favourites like Bourjois and Essie to brands new to Superdrug including The Balm, Butter London and Makeup Revolution, which are now also available on Superdrug online.

Makeup Revolution Makeup Revolution Makeup RevolutionI was particularly impressed with the fun design and packaging on the Makeup Revolution stand, which is a new brand exclusive to Superdrug. This affordable brand seems to have taken the blogosphere by storm but as I’m yet to try their products, I picked some up on the launch night…

Superdrug Beauty Studio Superdrug Beauty StudioI was kindly given a £25 gift-card* to spend at the event and chose some summery Barry M Gelly Nail Paints* on a 3 for 2 offer, a Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in the shade Pink Pong* and the I <3 Makeup I Heart Chocolate Palette* and Blushing Hearts Triple Baked Blusher* from Makeup Revolution. You can see the results of the in-store treatments I trialled below.

Superdrug Beauty Studio Superdrug Beauty StudioAfter the event I arrived home feeling wonderful after having my hair curled and styled, my eyebrows threaded and gel nails applied by the very friendly and approachable staff. They were also really knowledgeable and trained in their field so you know you’re in expert hands. I was really pleased with my complimentary treatments and I will definitely be visiting the Superdrug Beauty Studio in the future! It’s the perfect place to get ready for a special occasion with such a range beauty treatments in the one store.

It’s so exciting to have the very first Beauty Studio in Cardiff and I think the store could just be the new one stop shop for beauty lovers in the capital.

What do you think of the Beauty Studio by Superdrug store?

Alice xx

* This post contains press samples.

16 Comments

1. Gemma Monday, 7th July 2014 / 1:32 pm

It was such a lovely evening and your hair looked fab 🙂 can’t wait to go back and try out products when I have more time, all the Makeup Revolution stuff I got has been good so far

• Alice In A Looking Glass Monday, 7th July 2014 / 3:39 pm

Thanks Gemma, so did yours, I had such a great time! Yes me too, I’ll definitely be going back to have a browse after payday! I haven’t tried my Makeup Revolution products yet but I did try my Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick and it’s so good! xx

2. Anonymous Monday, 7th July 2014 / 3:26 pm

Fab Alice I love there and I must have just ignored this not seen it or been blind!!!! Lovely event Hun xx

Laura//Libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.com xx

• Alice In A Looking Glass Monday, 7th July 2014 / 3:41 pm

Ha, it’s in St. David’s 2 near the escalators! Thank you, let me know what you think of the store when you visit! xx

3. Just Jesss Monday, 7th July 2014 / 5:05 pm

Your hair looks amazing! I’m hoping they open more of these stores, it sounds fab 🙂

Jess xo

• Alice In A Looking Glass Friday, 11th July 2014 / 12:01 pm

Thanks Jess! I can see the Beauty Studio stores doing really well so I’m sure they will! x

4. Kel Monday, 7th July 2014 / 8:35 pm

Wow – i could spend hours in there! 🙂

• Alice In A Looking Glass Friday, 11th July 2014 / 12:01 pm

Me too! x

5. Natalye Monday, 7th July 2014 / 9:33 pm

That is an amazing looking store! I love your hair!

• Alice In A Looking Glass Friday, 11th July 2014 / 1:18 pm

It’s heaven for beauty lovers! Thank you! x

6. Rebeca Peacock Tuesday, 8th July 2014 / 12:28 am

That place looks like…the happiest place on earth! Can’t wait to get back over to the UK to bask in it’s glory! 😀

• Alice In A Looking Glass Friday, 11th July 2014 / 1:21 pm

Ha you’ll love the store! x

7. Ray Wednesday, 9th July 2014 / 7:46 am

This looks amazing – can’t wait until they roll this out across the country. Desperate to try MakeUp Revolution xx

• Alice In A Looking Glass Friday, 11th July 2014 / 1:22 pm

I think the Cardiff store will be really popular, so hopefully it won’t be long until there’s lots more stores! x

8. Hannah Monday, 21st July 2014 / 3:17 pm

I went to this store today really looking forward to having a look. Was a bit disappointed, there was only one new brand I really liked – Makeup Revolution. Most of the other makeup you can get anywhere else. Apart from the hair and nails it just seems like another Superdrug to me. I might be sounding a bit fussy, but that was just my thoughts on it. x